Thursday, April 12, 2007

Such a long day...

So I come back from a long weekend visiting my family, and what do I get but a nasty cold/flu/tonsillitis thingy. Stupid airplanes! I was out from work yesterday with a fever and awful muscle/joint aches, but I'm feeling well enough to at least be at work today. Ugh, I made it all winter with nary a sneeze, and once spring hits I'm completely leveled. At least I'll have the weekend to rest.

In knitting news, things go not well at all. Much to my shame and embarrassment, the picture I posted of my progress on the Vogue Cabled Cardi contains an unsightly error. I'm disheartened that I didn't notice it earlier, and it means I'm going to have to rip back another EIGHT INCHES!!! Again! For the FOURTH TIME!!!! I am so tired of making mistakes on this sweater. And it pains me even more, because I thought I was being so diligent. So I set it aside for my trip, and took along a little travel project.



I had some Debbie Bliss Soho in my stash, and finally started on the My So-Called Scarf I've been meaning to make for, oh, 2 years? It's a fun, easily memorized pattern. Perfect for airports and airplanes. I like the end results, and it's going to be one awfully warm scarf. I think I'm also going to make a matching hat from the My Herringbone Hat pattern, since I've got 2 more skeins of the Soho. These might end up as a gift, but considering it's now mid-April, I've got plenty of time to decide, right?

No comments: