Friday, November 30, 2007

It's a wonder we still have trees...

This lovely selection of catalogs is what was in my mailbox when I came home last night. I think it was about two pounds of paper. Count them - 12 catalogs!!! All trying to persuade me to buy crappy, overpriced Christmas gifts no one needs or wants. And I have been receiving similar amounts of catalogs for the past few weeks, and will continue, I imagine, for the next few weeks. I really need to figure our how to get off some of these mailing lists!!!!

In other news, here's a picture of the finished baby sweater and hat, complete with buttons:
The color's not at all accurate, and you'll have to excuse the lamp base taking up valuable photo real estate. It was a cloudy afternoon, and my office is pretty dark. Here's a close-up of the button. The color's much more accurate here:I was really pleased with the outcome. The buttons, from M & J, really brought the finished product together. The were more than I was hoping to spend, and cost more than the yarn used in the project, but they were worth it. And the recipient LOVED it. Yay!!!

No comments: