Monday, November 26, 2007

So Cute!

One of my co-workers is having a baby in a few weeks, and her shower is tomorrow night, so I made a little baby sweater for the occasion. I used the patter for a Seamless Yoked Baby Sweater from Carole's Baby Knits. I still need to get buttons, but I think it turned out really well.

It's hard to see in this picture, but there's a cute stitch detail at the yoke, hem and cuffs.


Details:


Yarn: Knit Picks Swish DK - Eggplant - 2.5 sk.


Needles: #5 - Denise


Started: Nov.15


Finished: Nov. 24


This was a great subway knitting project, and I was able to knit it almost exclusively while on my way to and from work. I think I'm going to knock out a quick Umbilical Cord Hat tonight, since I've got plenty of the yarn left.



In other news, Thanksgiving was awesome, as was the whole past weekend.

Here is a picture of the wonderful meal we had over at my friends Kristen and Matthew's apartment. There were 12 of us crammed around the table, and it was a lot of fun. As you can see above, we had delicious turkey (roasted by Matthew), mashed potatoes with gravy, cornbread stuffing (both vegetarian and non), roast veggies, macaroni & cheese (both vegetarian and non), green bean casserole, butternut squash and spinach gratin and cranberry sauce. I took the cranberries and the squash/spinach gratin. Everyone seemed to like the gratin, though I thought it was quite flat. And I do think the cranberries were the highlight of the meal!

No comments: