Friday, March 16, 2007

Crochet Wonders of the Deep

I just stumbled across this wonderment. A two sisters that head a collective called The Institute For Figuring is creating a crochet replica of the Great Barrier Reef. Unless you take a close look, you really wouldn't know it's not real coral. Awesome!

























In other news, I saw Edward Scissorhands last night at the Brooklyn Academy of Music. I was a bit unsure if I would really like it, since it's actually being staged as a ballet, but Matthew Bourne is a genius, and it was really interesting and accessible, and short enough that it kept me really interested.

And the best part? The wonderful Rosie O'Donnell was sitting right in front of me!! It was so funny. The people she was with were what first caught my eye, because one of the ladies in her entourage was wearing a sweater coat that was an awful zebra print, but in browns, not blacks, and had horrible Jersey hair and nails, not to mention the nasal voice, and sunglasses she never removed. And then there was Rosie, who looks so much better in person, even with very little makeup, and has really nice hair. I so wanted to talk to her, but I thought it would be rude. And PS, she really liked the show.

No comments: