Friday, March 9, 2007

From cat, with love

OMG! Did anyone see The Today Show this morning? They had a very little piece of news about a woman who had knit a sweater solely with hair from her cat. So the lady was reading the news (not sure what her name was, she was filling in for Ann Curry at the news desk), and got to this piece about this woman who had knit this sweater with hair from her cat. They showed a picture of the woman and her cats and the sweater (which, by the way, looked immensely warm, and like the fuzziest angora you've ever seen), and this woman looked so proud, because it must have taken her a lot of time and work, and I felt terrible because the whole crew of The Today Show started laughing at this woman. And not just a little chuckle kind of laugh, but the kind of I-can't-catch-my-breath-and-now-I'm-crying-and-my-stomach-is-starting-to-hurt-but-I-can't-stop-laughing kind of laugh. And then Al Roker started making jokes about the poor cat hair sweater lady. Whatever, Al Roker! You looked nasty in your wet suit the other day!!!

In other news, I ripped back to the beginning on the Vogue cabled cardigan. It was going to be too big, especially once I added the button bands, so I started fresh, and went to the next smaller size down. I really like the color of the Highland Chunky Grape Heather. There are these little flecks of red every once in awhile. I don't know if they'll be visible once the sweater is whole, but I smile a little every time I see one.

No comments: